Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter (recap)!

Phew! I for one am kind of glad that Easter is over, well maybe not exactly Easter, but this past week. Sheesh! But we sure had fun.

Let's start with the decorations -- I only have a few things and didn't make any Easter decorations, so this is kinda boring! Just a Joann front door sign, Annalee dolls (thanks to my brother), an Easter tree (thanks mom), and some other odds and ends.

In the crafting department - I made the girls appliqued bunny shirts!! I "borrowed" the design from a free printable I saw floating around (forgive me, I forget where it is from)

I made some Easter cards for the girls to give out to her little buddies

I was commissioned to embroider Easter basket liners for some Junior League friends' kids (more on that later).

Lastly, I made a ribbon & pearl necklace and bracelet set for one of my friends daughters to put in her Easter basket.

Our Easter celebration started last week with my neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt (which Charlotte LOVED). I made some treats and we had a blast.

We dyed eggs.

The night before Easter we went to a Minor League baseball game which had an Easter Egg hunt on the outfield beforehand (poorly planned, but still cute)

ON Easter, we got up and did the Easter baskets, made pancakes (hubby used Baking Soda instead of baking powder.... not the same thing. haha), got ready for church and did photo shoot #1, church, lunch with the in-laws, home for an Easter egg hunt and photo shoot #2, and LASTLY, the girls got a HUGE (maybe a little too big) gift from Mimi and Grandpa for Easter... the Pottery Barn Kitchen.



(Thanks Shannon for reminding me...) Does this yellow dress look familiar? Well this just happens to be the Shabby Apple dress that I won back in March! I decided Easter would be their perfect debut for it. Especially since I dressed the entire family up in yellow!!



PHEW, what a day week!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That bracelet and neckless is so pretty. You did a really great job on it. :D

    following you from the mil blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Shannon! I completely forgot to mention that. I plan on editing this post :)

    But yes... this IS the dress that I won (posted about here.

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...