Friday, April 29, 2011

Pizza Night! (and my new quest)

A short while ago we started Movie Night at the MooreBabies household. It is typically Saturday, unless we are otherwise engaged (such as this past Saturday was the Easter Egg Hunt at the baseball game)... so we had Movie Night on Friday.

Well THIS past week I decided to FINALLY make my own pizza. Yeah, I'm actually embarrassed to say that I (lover of pizza that I am) have never made pizza at my house. I ran to Publix and got myself some pizza dough from their bakery (tiny steps... I'll make my own pizza dough... eventually), mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. I decided to make my own pizza sauce. I didn't do much research since this was kind of last minute, and I used the following recipe:
Easy Pizza Sauce 1
I was hesitant but it got 5.5. stars...
Ingredients

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1 1/2 cups water
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
* I added some (1.5t) sugar as a few comments suggested
Directions
1.Mix together the tomato paste, water, and olive oil. Mix well. Add garlic, salt and pepper to taste, oregano, basil, and rosemary. Mix well and let stand several hours to let flavors blend. No cooking necessary, just spread on dough.


So now, Movie Night has turned into Pizza & Movie Night! Although I don't think we are going to make a FULL pizza each time. The dough instruction label said that it could be frozen, so I think we'll just use half or a third of the dough.

Another reason to use half or third of the dough is because I didn't get the dough thin enough on the edges, according to hubby we need to learn how to toss pizza dough (yeah, I'll let you know how THAT turns out).

For next time, (if I use this same recipe) I will use a little less oil and rosemary. The rosemary was REALLY strong to me.
Also, maybe different cheese... I bought the Kraft packaged shredded mozzarella cheese.

I am NOW on a quest for the BEST pizza recipe.

So do you guys have any good pizza recipes that you use? Sauce, dough (when I get there), topping combos! Let me know, I'd LOVE to try them out.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. You little one looks like she is really enjoying herself! Haha! We have "Friday night movie" night too. I have only been making pizza for about a year, but the recipe I go off off is done by "the food nanny". When I post it someday I will let you know or I can give you the recipe through e-mail. Mine is familyeternally@yahoo.com
    You don't have to have it if you already found one,but there is the option.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stevie! That pizza looks so yummy!

    I'm following you back :)

    www.mommylovesgiveaways.com

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making the pizza looks like fun and
    congrats on hitting 100 followers!

    I'm a new follower from the hop! I am following you on GFC!! Hope you can hop by my blog too!

    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute blog! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great helper! I love homemade pizza..yum!

    Here from FMBT to return your follow. Hope you have a great week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stevie,
    The Pizza looks yummy.. Thanks for joining us for FMBT and Congrats on reaching over 100 followers! Thats so exciting..:)
    Have a great week,
    Stacy
    www.sjunkie.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...