Friday, April 1, 2011

Sweet way to end this awesome week {Brownies}

 Sorry no April Fools stuff here... I been busy!

I have had a pretty dern good week! I made my first tutu (actually, I made 2) and got to knock an item off of my "To Attempt" list and my goals for this month post.

I got to the gym 3 times (so far) this week to stay competitive in the Get Fit Challenge over on Nap Time Crafters (see button to the right). Sweet huh? An added bonus is that the gym has child care while I'm there so there's a little over an hour 3 mornings kid free; it gives me the chance to not worry about anything and just rock out to some music (or a good book on tape, yes I'm weird) and sweat!

I filled in Jillie's month-by-month photo frame (from my projects for this month list)

I also kind of forgot about this birthday party for 2 little friends of Charlotte's today... so I made them some personalized birthday boxes too (plus one for a friend who's birthday we missed).


I made some homemade sweet potatoes (super easy! Nuke it, scoop out potato, puree, freeze, voila)


I updated the baby books


I became an Aunt for the FIRST time on Wednesday AND one of my best girlfriends had HER baby on Thursday!

Seriously, the only way to make this week ANY sweeter is to add chocolate... so here goes:

Andy's Brownies
* not sure why my brother gets all the recipes named after him...
1-1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cups margarine or butter
1/4 cup water

In large microwaveable bowl, combine ingredients above. Microwave until butter is melted. Stir several times during cooking. Stir until sugar is melted and combined.

Add:
12 oz. package Semi-Sweet chocolate pieces
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract (or another 1tsp of vanilla)

Stir to combine.
Beat in:
4 eggs

In small bowl, combine:
1-1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Gradually add flour mixture to chocolate and stir well until completely combined.
Blend in:
1 cup chopped pecans

Spread into greased (spray with Pam) 13 x 9 inch pan.

Bake: 325 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I would have taken a much better post-picture... but I forgot until I
was almost done eating all the brownies... woops

Enjoy! Happy Friday!

Linking up: Remodelaholic
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful week you have had! I may just have to try those brownies being that my husband was on the hunt for them last weekend at 9pm and with a 6 month old it was not a fun hunt! Congrats on being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I LOVE almond extract and never thought to add it to my brownies before. Definitely trying this soon! For us, there is nothing like a warm brownie with a scoop of ice cream on top. :)

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays!

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi.. I saw your blog while browsing.This brownie is really different and it looks so good. I am your new follower. Marelie www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...