Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pizza Night: #4 - Exquisite Pizza Sauce

Pizza Night #4 was made despite the house STILL being a complete disaster area. The home improvement project that was supposed to take a weekend is going on 2 weeks now. Fun huh? Also, the night was going SO well until one of those "I knew better" moments happened... but I'll explain that later. Here's pizza Night #4.

I made the Exquisite Pizza Sauce recipe this time.
Ingredients

1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
salt to taste

Directions
1.In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.

2.Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.

To be honest, we much preferred the other week's sauce recipe, so so far, week 2 sauce is the top runner!

I have to announce that hubby seems to be getting better at tossing dough (after some instructions from one of our college friends who worked at the happened pizza night place in college).

So the pizza was prepped and in the oven, the girls were bathed and in their pajamas... we were just getting ready to eat when the "I knew better" moment happened.

I was putting Jillie into her high chair to try to eat a little more when I decided to empty out her pocket bib which was FULL of food. So I turned around and in 10 seconds flat Jillie had leaned forward and flipped out of the high chair onto the tile! No I hadn't strapped her in because I've been using the tray lately, and no... I hadn't put the tray on yet because I messing with the bib. UUUUGH!

Hubby took Jillie to the ER so Charlotte and I spent the next 3 hours sort of eating and sort of watching Anastasia. All I kept saying to myself was stupid stupid stupid.

Jillie got a cat scan and is completely fine! But I sure learned a lesson. One that I shouldn't have needed to learn that way.

Pizza (and movie) Night #4 -- ... kind of a failure!


Movie: Anastasia


I'm still looking for your favorite pizza recipes!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. the pizza looks yummy! I am your newest follower ^^)

    Hugs,
    Lelanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Jillie is ok! Don't beat yourself up about it! Pizza night looks yummy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you back from the miltary monday blog hop! Don't feel so bad, I did this just the other day. Well, I had strapped my son in (was washing the tray) and my 3 yo pulled the whole chair over and my baby's face met the corner of the adjacent chair! Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is to use croissants as the dough and make little mini pizza rolls. It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Poor girl! Glad she was ok! My sister's daughter just fell out of her high chair this week and I think she was more upset than her daughter. With me, my daughter never ever fell, had a stumble, a scratch, you name it...but my son (who is 21 months younger) has fallen off of the couch and bed twice (each!) and is constantly bumping his head on things, getting little scratches, etc...I always feel so horrible when things happen but it's like I can't even prevent them from happening! He's just so much more of a daredevil than my daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...