Monday, June 13, 2011

Embroidered Graduation Gift

It's graduation season, so of course that means gifts for all the grads! We have this one girl who (a) worked in the nursery with my girls at church, (b) is the daughter of my hubby's old wrestling coach, and (c) is a neighbor... so we were invited to her graduation party.

I found out from her mom that she got accepted (early) to University of Florida so I decided I was going to embroider one royal blue and one orange towel (with my Husqvarna Diamond) with her initials on them to bring to college. That idea seemed great until my mom pointed out that poor and time-crunched college students do NOT sort their laundry and I didn't want all of her clothes to turn either orange OR blue. So instead, I opted for white towels, and embroidered in orange and blue.


I was hoping to digitize the free font "tinker toy", but then I got stuck with the whole satin versus fill on 5D software.... so I used one of the fonts that came with my software. I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out! (I definitely still need practice with my 5D software)

Linking up: Running with Glitter, Momnivores Dilema
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty towels!! And I agree with your Mom--you do not want colored towels that may run in a college dorm!!
    I am a new follower from Mom's Outdoor Garage Sale

    Michele aka MikiHope
    www.mikishope.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Idea ..but i love your Embroidery and so eagerly awaiting your new project of embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...