Saturday, December 17, 2011

4th type of cookie complete... {plus a cookie storage tip}

I am way BEHIND previous years in my Christmas cookie making... and I don't think I'm going to catch up.

I love to make Christmas cookies so I can put together cookie trays for the neighbors, childcare/Sunday School teachers at church, child care at the gym, AND for our annual Christmas Cocktail party!

In past years I have made about 7 different types of cookies...
Previous years cookie tray from Annual Cocktail Party
 ... this year I have only made 4 {tear}! Although I am making my Swedish Spritz Cookie dough tonight so it will be ready to be baked tomorrow (when I have time).
Reece's Cookie Cups, Andy's Buttons, Grandma's Sugars, Brownie Cutouts (not pictured)
Cookie Storage Tip
On a side note - mom passed down a clever way to store our oh-so-fragile Grandma's Sugar Cookies using coffee filters! Put 5 or so cookies in one filter...

... and then make as many stacks as will fit into your container.

Works every time!!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic tip about the coffee filters!!
    Doing all my baking tonight! All your goodies look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great tip. Another tip, if you are shipping cookies, layer bubble wrap between the layers of cookies and they won;t break in transit.

    ReplyDelete

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...