Friday, July 12, 2013

{Bike Birthday Party} The Cake

Guess who turned 4?!

Ok, so it was like 4 months ago and I am just now writing about it... but still. My oldest baby is 4!

So at the time of her 4th birthday, we had literally JUST moved into our new house like... a week prior. So I knew I would be unable to whip up an awesomely homemade decorated cake for Charlotte's Bike Birthday Party. So I went with the next best thing; I cheated.

I made my way over to the local Publix (Gasp!!) and ordered a half of a sheet cake with nothing on it but a border. And to be honest, I screwed that up and asked for pink, but more on that later.

So we get home and my mom and I open up a bag of skittles and decorate the quickest and easiest birthday cake that either of us has EVER done!

Literally, it took maybe 7 minutes. (oh and I say that I screwed up in asking for pink because, duh, there is no pink skittle. Mom and I "fixed" this by throwing on some multi-colored sprinkles to "blend", lol).

Now I won't lie, this is not an original idea, I saw it online... somewhere. At the moment I can not find my inspiration, so if you did this, let me know and I can source you, so sorry! Apparently, I did no pin it.

Anyway, so if you are in a pinch and want to "Decorate your own" cake... sorta, skittles are the way to go!

Happy 4th Birthday, Charlotte!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...