Friday, October 11, 2013

Parmesan Zucchini Crisps {Food Network: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger}

Parmesan Zucchini Crisps
My mom emailed me this recipe the other day with RAVE reviews, and since I trust my mother's opinion without a doubt I naturally had to try it. They were WONDERFUL! I have a hard time breaking out of the simple (or rather, typical) sides such as plain green beans, plain broccoli, mashed potatoes (instant and homemade), corn on the cob, sweet potatoes (and fries), wild rice, mushrooms, salad.... ok I think thats it. I mean we have some variety, but none of it is exciting. I haven't even made an acorn squash, which I hear is like SUPER easy, I stick to what I know.

That said, we don't really have zucchini much; all the more reason to give this recipe a shot. So I made this last night and the hubs, mother-in-law, and myself LOVED these (not as popular with the girls, but we'll try again). We will definitely be making these again.

Recipe SrcFood Network: Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger
Ingredients
Cooking spray
2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound total)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan (3/4-ounce)
1/4 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs  panko 
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, bread crumbs, salt, and a few turns of pepper. Dip each round into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick, and place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.

Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove with spatula. Serve immediately.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...