Wednesday, February 19, 2014

{Pinned there, Done That} Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

This recipe is DEFINITELY a keeper!
I'm on a roll with my new crockpot recipes; seriously.

This recipe for Crockpot Balsamic Chicken that I found on pinterest is great! I'm not entirely sure where the actual recipe is because the pin linked straight to healthychefonline.com... not the recipe.

Anyway, all my girls (nearly 5, 3, and 1) devoured the chicken. It was tender, fall off the bone, NOT DRY (like crockpot chicken recipes tend to be in my opinion).... very good. The hubby ate it with some hot sauce, but he eats most things with hot sauce, so that's normal.

In case this recipe gets lost online... here it is:
Crockpot Balsamic Chicken
Ingredients
1t garlic powder
1t dried basil
1/2t salt
1/2t pepper
2t dried minced onion
4 cloves garlic, minced pre-minced, jarred garlic
1 T extra virgin olive oil * so we ran out of olive oil (ahem ahem hubby) without my knowledge; luckily I happened to have some high end olive oil/balsamic vinegar dipping oil mix -- so I drizzled that on the bottom of the crock pot.
1/2 c balsamic vinegar
8 boneless, skinless bone in; skin on chicken thighs
Fresh chopped parsley (which I forgot...)

Directions
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl and rub on both sides of chicken; set aside.
Pour Olive oil and garlic on bottom of crockpot.
Place chicken on top.
Pour balsamic vinegar over chicken.
Cover and cook on high for 4 hours. My schedule today was tough for me to be home to set it for 4 hours on high. So I did it on high for about 2 hours and then switched it to low for another 3 or so hours... then to warm while I waited for the hubby.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley (again, I forgot this)

Hope you like it; we did!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...